Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University would like to invite you to participate in the open contest of choral student collectives of technical universities in Russia «Blagovest». The contest will be held in St. Petersburg on 30 March to 1 April, 2018.
Student choirs of technical universities of Russia and foreign countries, performing in academic style, are invited to participate in the contest.
The Contest is held in three stages:
• I stage – from 1 November 2017 to 20 February 2018 – collection and consideration of applications from choirs by formal characteristics with respect to their compliance with this Regulation on Contest (to be done by the Organizing Committee).
• II stage – from 21 to 28 February 2018 – selection of participants for competition auditioning based on audio or video creative materials (to be done by the Jury of the Contest). At this, the priority criterion for selection is the level of performance mastery of choirs.
Not more than 20 choirs shall be allowed to participate in the III stage of the Contest.
• III stage – from 30 March to 1 April 2018 – competition auditioning – open concert performance in front of the Jury of the Contest according to the program and the requirements of this Regulation and Contest Rules.
The contest program of the III stage of the Contest consists of two categories:
• Category А (participation in this category is mandatory for all choirs) – The program shall include vociferous choral pieces of music of religious content: pieces of Western and Eastern Christian traditions, ancient chants and their arrangements, spiritual lyrics, religious carols, spirituals, gospels, Christmas carols.
The program in category A is performed only “a cappella”.
• Category B (participation in this category is elective) – The program must include choral pieces of music of any epoch, genre or composer, choral arrangement of any songs.
A mandatory piece of music in category B: one of the original choral pieces of music (complete or a fragment) by Valery GAVRILIN at the participant’s choice.
The program in category B must not include pieces referring to the program in category A.
The program in category B is performed “a cappella” or accompanied with a piano.
Applications and materials will be accepted till February 20, 2018 via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please check: www.blagovest-fest.ru